Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 23, 2018
“The Front Runner” is a solid if not quite sensational thriller with villains around every corner, including one the director thinks is the hero. There’s the press corps — particularly Miami Herald reporters Tom Fiedler and Pete Murphy (Steve Zissis … Continue reading
Watching Alex Pettyfer play scenes in which he’s in psychotherapy in his directing debut, “Back Roads,” the temptation is overwhelming to put the actor himself on the couch. With this film and his previous one, “The Strange Ones,” a dark, brooding same-sex … Continue reading
Impressive. But still seems like one of the most pointless remakes ever. July 19, James Earl Jones returns as the father of…“The Lion King.”