Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 23, 2018
“The Front Runner” is a solid if not quite sensational thriller with villains around every corner, including one the director thinks is the hero. There’s the press corps — particularly Miami Herald reporters Tom Fiedler and Pete Murphy (Steve Zissis … Continue reading
Watching Alex Pettyfer play scenes in which he’s in psychotherapy in his directing debut, “Back Roads,” the temptation is overwhelming to put the actor himself on the couch. With this film and his previous one, “The Strange Ones,” a dark, brooding same-sex … Continue reading
Impressive. But still seems like one of the most pointless remakes ever. July 19, James Earl Jones returns as the father of…“The Lion King.”