Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "All the Devil's Men" keeps Mel's son on camera
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2018
In the documentary “Every Act of Life,” the playwright Terrence McNally admits “my work never gave me pleasure before the last couple of years.” To which any fan of the theater might spit up her chablis, sputter in his espresso. … Continue reading
For the life of me, I don’t know why they bothered. Sure, it’s got a stellar voice cast — Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett and Naomie Harris and Benedict Cumberbatch and Andy Serkis and Tom Hollander doing voices for all … Continue reading
Some good analysis/speculation here from Deadline.com on how Universal was able to get the word out on various platforms for “The Grinch.” It leaves out the obvious, that generations have been aware of and connected to the character since childhood, … Continue reading
A little Bastardized Bard to start your day? A lot of talent was drawn to this interesting idea in the “Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead” vein. “Star Wars” weak sister Daisy Ridley has the title role, as Prince Hamlet’s cruelly … Continue reading