Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Ukrainian combat thriller, "Sniper: The White Raven"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2018
In the documentary “Every Act of Life,” the playwright Terrence McNally admits “my work never gave me pleasure before the last couple of years.” To which any fan of the theater might spit up her chablis, sputter in his espresso. … Continue reading
For the life of me, I don’t know why they bothered. Sure, it’s got a stellar voice cast — Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett and Naomie Harris and Benedict Cumberbatch and Andy Serkis and Tom Hollander doing voices for all … Continue reading
Some good analysis/speculation here from Deadline.com on how Universal was able to get the word out on various platforms for “The Grinch.” It leaves out the obvious, that generations have been aware of and connected to the character since childhood, … Continue reading
A little Bastardized Bard to start your day? A lot of talent was drawn to this interesting idea in the “Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead” vein. “Star Wars” weak sister Daisy Ridley has the title role, as Prince Hamlet’s cruelly … Continue reading