Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Movie Review: The Men -- and Woman -- Who Made Tony, "The Many Saints of Newark"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 16, 2018
Movie Review: Oscar winners Firth and Weisz learn that sailing solo is the way to madness in “The Mercy”
“Around alone.” Even armchair sailors can feel the queasy fear those two words summon up. Sailing solo around the world is one of the great tests the world still offers the adventurous. Because there are no lifesaving Sherpa guides in … Continue reading
Love Rachel Weisz. And Colin Firth. David Thewlis I’m quite fond of. And every sailor (including me) loves the tragic story of Donald Crowhurst, sailing around alone and going mad while doing it. I don’t get psyched for a lot … Continue reading
“On the nose casting” means you need look no further when looking for an actor to play a community college biology teacher who likes pot and Jethro Tull (Overlapping interests?) than Matthew Broderick. He’s gone to seed in a tweedy … Continue reading
Spain’s Oscar winning Pelicula Power Couple team up for this February thriller. Penelope Cruz plays an expat who returns to Spain with her kids for a wedding, when one of them is grabbed. And the past catches up to them … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting a $7 million Thursday night pre-opening opening for “Fanastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.” That’s about 20% below the nearly $9 million that first “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” debuted to a couple of … Continue reading