Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- AMC Faces Bankruptcy, dissolution
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 16, 2018
Movie Review: Oscar winners Firth and Weisz learn that sailing solo is the way to madness in “The Mercy”
“Around alone.” Even armchair sailors can feel the queasy fear those two words summon up. Sailing solo around the world is one of the great tests the world still offers the adventurous. Because there are no lifesaving Sherpa guides in … Continue reading
Love Rachel Weisz. And Colin Firth. David Thewlis I’m quite fond of. And every sailor (including me) loves the tragic story of Donald Crowhurst, sailing around alone and going mad while doing it. I don’t get psyched for a lot … Continue reading
“On the nose casting” means you need look no further when looking for an actor to play a community college biology teacher who likes pot and Jethro Tull (Overlapping interests?) than Matthew Broderick. He’s gone to seed in a tweedy … Continue reading
Spain’s Oscar winning Pelicula Power Couple team up for this February thriller. Penelope Cruz plays an expat who returns to Spain with her kids for a wedding, when one of them is grabbed. And the past catches up to them … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting a $7 million Thursday night pre-opening opening for “Fanastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.” That’s about 20% below the nearly $9 million that first “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” debuted to a couple of … Continue reading