Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 1, 2018
Mateusz lays out two of the biggest obstacles facing someone with cerebral palsy in just a sentence, a line of interior monologue that serves as narration for the Polish drama, “Life Feels Good.” “When you’re a vegetable, no one understands … Continue reading
Next Screening? “Nobody’s Fool” pairs up Tiffany Haddish and Whoopi, and leaves Tyler Perry in Charge
No, Paramount didn’t see fit to preview this for critics. It’s not usually a good sign, but there’s no law that says a company selling a product has to give the public any warning about its quality before they buy … Continue reading
I dunno Will. You had me until the whole pigeon transformation thing. You’ve got until Sept. 19 to convince me Blue Sky didn’t ruin your kid-friendly Black James Bond movie, “Spies in Disguise,” with another bird picture.
One wondered if plus-sized silly Rebel Wilson was ever going to graduate from scene stealer and sidekick to romantic lead/comic lead. And so she has. This Valentine’s Day release has a frump wake up “in a romantic comedy,” with New … Continue reading
It was always just sitting there, waiting for somebody to attempt it. The chest thumping, ego-tripping, rhymed insult fights that began life as “The Dozens” and morphed into “rap battles” was ripe for a smart, mouthy, down and dirty comedy. … Continue reading