Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 12, 2018
It’s a story as old as, well, shovels. Wherever there’s something valuable under the ground, somebody will figure out a way to dig it up. Prospectors will find it, miners will get at it. And wherever there are prospectors, there … Continue reading
First off, though, they REALLY needed a more original title than “Zoo.” Seriously. Check out IMDb’s listings for that title. Anyway, after a little hunting, the proper link to the film this trailer comes from is here. It played the … Continue reading
Filmed not too far from me, in the swamps and C-movie horror haven of Mount Dora, Florida. And Oakland Park and Miami. My first thought on glancing at the trailer was, “Is this Australia?” Odd accents abound in “Crocodylus.” January … Continue reading
But yeah, it’s “Fellini-esque,” or promises to be. Plainly the inspiration for it, and thus its title, comes from Federico. This black and white personal epic (growing up in Mexico City and environs in the ’70s) looks expensive, but it … Continue reading