Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- AMC Faces Bankruptcy, dissolution
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 5, 2018
I remember like it was only this afternoon — which it was — that moment when the well-cast, realistic and sometimes moving mom’s-got-dementia drama, “What They Had,” goes straight off the rails. It comes after daughter Bridget (Hilary Swank) has … Continue reading
It’s not the editor, but the editing strategy that undermines “Beautiful Boy.” This sensitive retelling of the true story of journalist David Sheff and his son Nic, a drug addict whose crystal meth mania became two books — one written … Continue reading
“The Nursery Man” is a period piece about a house haunted by somebody glimpsed by the grownups, but whom the children have every reason to fear. So no, we’re not going to be disappointed that this isn’t garden variety horror, … Continue reading
Sure, it’s got food. Lots of it. It’s postcard pretty rural Italy, after all. Even homophobes have to eat. Seems dated, by US standards. But “coming out” in Catholic-Berlusconi Italy was always going to be dicy. “My Big Gay Italian … Continue reading
Documentary Review — “The Reckoning: Hollywood’s Worst-Kept Secret” has to be about Weinstein, right?
Here’s how open “Hollywood’s Worst-Kept Secret” was. Earlier in my career working for newspapers in Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida, I’d hit several film festivals a year, including New York. I’d do junket weekends, chatting up the stars of this … Continue reading