Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2018
Weekend Movies: “Bohemian” conquers all, will Disney take a “Nutcracker” bath and is time running out for Tiffany Haddish?
Reviews for “Bohemian Rhapsody” have been the very definition of “mixed,” with plenty of critics craving a harder-edged R-rated take on Freddie Mercury’s sexual and pharmaceutical misadventures. But heck, it’s trending “fresh” on Rotten Tomatoes now. For what that’s worth. Metacritic? … Continue reading
Several things separate the year’s second “conversion therapy” drama, “Boy Erased,” from the first (“The Miseducation of Cameron Post”) is sincerity. Every character, from the parents of the boy sent to a church boot camp for preaching, teaching, shaming or … Continue reading
Oh joy! Rapture! OK, it looks kiddie-amusing enough. Kurt Russell has this sort of “Captain Ron With a Sleigh” vibe. Nov. 22, Ho Ho Oh No…”Does my butt look that big to you?”
This “new” doc, years in the making, chronicles a policing system that much of America is more than happy to turn a blind eye to.
Tiffany Haddish has understandably been acting like a kid in the comic candy shop since finally breaking out in “Girls Trip” last year. She’s taken on a TV series, which she’s complained about signing for before her quote went up.She … Continue reading