Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2018
Weekend Movies: “Bohemian” conquers all, will Disney take a “Nutcracker” bath and is time running out for Tiffany Haddish?
Reviews for “Bohemian Rhapsody” have been the very definition of “mixed,” with plenty of critics craving a harder-edged R-rated take on Freddie Mercury’s sexual and pharmaceutical misadventures. But heck, it’s trending “fresh” on Rotten Tomatoes now. For what that’s worth. Metacritic? … Continue reading
Several things separate the year’s second “conversion therapy” drama, “Boy Erased,” from the first (“The Miseducation of Cameron Post”) is sincerity. Every character, from the parents of the boy sent to a church boot camp for preaching, teaching, shaming or … Continue reading
Oh joy! Rapture! OK, it looks kiddie-amusing enough. Kurt Russell has this sort of “Captain Ron With a Sleigh” vibe. Nov. 22, Ho Ho Oh No…”Does my butt look that big to you?”
This “new” doc, years in the making, chronicles a policing system that much of America is more than happy to turn a blind eye to.
Tiffany Haddish has understandably been acting like a kid in the comic candy shop since finally breaking out in “Girls Trip” last year. She’s taken on a TV series, which she’s complained about signing for before her quote went up.She … Continue reading