Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 7, 2018
I’ve been looking forward to this one for much of the year — Viola Davis in an action pic, and Ms. “Girlfight” Michelle Rodriguez, in a role worthy of her talents and not billed behind the cars. Steve McQueen’s “Widows” … Continue reading
Little late posting this Florida-centric trailer. John Travolta seems a little long in the tooth to be tackling the role of Ben Aronoff, offshore cigarette boat racing champ, boat builder and supplier of the craft that got the coke into … Continue reading
Illumination is doing character-specific trailers for this sequel, and the one for Max, for instance, features a trip to the vet. Coupla chuckles. Next summer, we’ll see if there are more.
Look at this wish-fulfillment holiday comedy trailer and tell me this doesn’t look like something Hudgens would have made six years ago.
Maybe every generation puts its unique stamp on “the romantic comedy,” but odds are that each new posse just figures out what Jane Austen knew 200 years ago. Thus, “The New Romantic,” a thin collegiate romance hung on the “sugar … Continue reading
I wish to Blitzen Universal would leave “The Grinch” alone. The 1966 TV special was compact perfection, a minor masterpiece to remember legendary animation director Chuck Jones by. You’re never going to improve on having Boris Karloff as your kindly-spooky-sweet … Continue reading