Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "All the Devil's Men" keeps Mel's son on camera
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 28, 2018
On first and second blush, this film of history’s greatest “cat fight” would appear to have a contender or two in its cast. Saoirse? Margot? Stage director Josie Rourke, making her feature film directing debut, certainly knows a thing or … Continue reading
I’ve been seeing clips of this for months, but they’re calling this the first “official trailer” about the Brit family that longed for WWE glory in the good’ol US of A. Florence Pugh plays the girl who comes from a … Continue reading
Another “cute” hitman comedy, this one about a suicidal lad (Aneurin Barnard), despondent failed writer, all that, who tries and tries to off himself. And fails at that, too. Well then, nothing for it but to hire Tom Wilkinson, “a … Continue reading
Dec. 16, Netflix premieres its recording of a “Springsteen on Broadway” performance — a storyteller, sans band, up close and personal. Scripted? Of course. But it looks like the best way to get the poet without the bombast.
I watched the “I Am Paul Walker” retrospective documentary when it aired on Paramount Network last summer, and neglected to take notes and review it. It felt incomplete. But now the 90 minute version of this brisk, 120 minute (including … Continue reading
Take a nice long drag on your imported or domestic brand cigarette. Savor that last morsel of chocolate. And try not to make too much noise with the marvelously hand-crafted, shockingly cheap bracelets that grace discount stores and flea … Continue reading