Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2018
Hollywood tallies its box office take for Thanksgiving as a Wed-Sunday haul. With most new releases actually opening Tuesday night. Except for “Robin Hood,” which had paid “sneak previews” Monday evening as well. Basically, a whole week counts as a … Continue reading
Fame can have a tipping point, that moment where reputation obscures and even subsumes the person behind it. That certainly happened to Maria Callas, the diva’s diva, as notorious for her artistic temperament and most famous lover, and her outspokenness … Continue reading