Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 29, 2018
“Ghostbox Cowboy” is a trippy culture-clash comedy, an “innocent abroad” tale of an American rube out of his depth in the new Wild West, the free-for-all that counts as a marketplace in modern day China. It’s willfully, defiantly cryptic and … Continue reading
How do you debate the tolerance of a religion intolerant of criticism? A central dilemma of our times, of the West dealing with the Islamic East. Here’s a documentary about that issue and the core debate between Islam and the … Continue reading
So Best Actress looks like a crowded field at the Academy Awards this awards season. Glenn Close for “The Wife,” maybe one or both of the leads from “The Favorite” or “Mary Queen of Scots.” But if this one works, … Continue reading
Second trailer. The Millie Bobby fans have been dying for this one. Pat yourself on the back if you get the “Frankie and Johnny” musical reference.
History’s most famous feuding redheads got at it again in “Mary Queen of Scots,” an engrossing, marvelously-acted account of the monarchical cousins that suggests their real enemy wasn’t each other — it was the grasping, pushy and ambitious men who … Continue reading