Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 29, 2018
“Ghostbox Cowboy” is a trippy culture-clash comedy, an “innocent abroad” tale of an American rube out of his depth in the new Wild West, the free-for-all that counts as a marketplace in modern day China. It’s willfully, defiantly cryptic and … Continue reading
How do you debate the tolerance of a religion intolerant of criticism? A central dilemma of our times, of the West dealing with the Islamic East. Here’s a documentary about that issue and the core debate between Islam and the … Continue reading
So Best Actress looks like a crowded field at the Academy Awards this awards season. Glenn Close for “The Wife,” maybe one or both of the leads from “The Favorite” or “Mary Queen of Scots.” But if this one works, … Continue reading
Second trailer. The Millie Bobby fans have been dying for this one. Pat yourself on the back if you get the “Frankie and Johnny” musical reference.
History’s most famous feuding redheads got at it again in “Mary Queen of Scots,” an engrossing, marvelously-acted account of the monarchical cousins that suggests their real enemy wasn’t each other — it was the grasping, pushy and ambitious men who … Continue reading