Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 19, 2018
I liked — but failed to love, adore, embrace or foolishly trumpet “Creed” as “an Oscar contender.” Might be why I’m only getting a screening of “Creed II” the night before it opens. So that put me in the minority … Continue reading
It is a crying shame that more people aren’t showing up in theaters to catch “A Private War.” This film biography of “legend in her own time” war correspondent Marie Colvin is built on an awards-worthy performance by Rosamund Pike, … Continue reading
I don’t think Aviron, the distributor, previewed this one in my market. If they did, my invitation was lost on the Interwebs. Ahem. You know where to find me, kids. But as I already reviewed the “homework” documentary on the … Continue reading
OK, cute commercial/promo for a return engagement/kid-friendly (ISH) re-release of “Deadpool 2.” I, for one, am NOT tired of these cute jokey Ryan Reynolds in his costume and in his smart-arsed element adverts for his movies. Not yet, anyway. Limited … Continue reading
The trailer to this latest “The Internet will get you KILLED” thriller doesn’t really sell it for me. But the set-up is promising — British PYTs with a Youtuber in their ranks tour California and disappear, because #followme invited the … Continue reading