Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 19, 2018
I liked — but failed to love, adore, embrace or foolishly trumpet “Creed” as “an Oscar contender.” Might be why I’m only getting a screening of “Creed II” the night before it opens. So that put me in the minority … Continue reading
It is a crying shame that more people aren’t showing up in theaters to catch “A Private War.” This film biography of “legend in her own time” war correspondent Marie Colvin is built on an awards-worthy performance by Rosamund Pike, … Continue reading
I don’t think Aviron, the distributor, previewed this one in my market. If they did, my invitation was lost on the Interwebs. Ahem. You know where to find me, kids. But as I already reviewed the “homework” documentary on the … Continue reading
OK, cute commercial/promo for a return engagement/kid-friendly (ISH) re-release of “Deadpool 2.” I, for one, am NOT tired of these cute jokey Ryan Reynolds in his costume and in his smart-arsed element adverts for his movies. Not yet, anyway. Limited … Continue reading
The trailer to this latest “The Internet will get you KILLED” thriller doesn’t really sell it for me. But the set-up is promising — British PYTs with a Youtuber in their ranks tour California and disappear, because #followme invited the … Continue reading