Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2018
So many road trip comedies and only one lifetime to get through them all. It’s a conundrum, a dilemma for anybody who cherishes the genre as much as I do. On a sliding scale, “The Long Dumb Road” is … Continue reading
Seems like just yesterday that Keke Palmer was making her big screen lead debut in “Akeelah and the Bee,” playing a tween who masters spelling bees with the help of mentor Laurence Fishburne. Here she is, a dozen years … Continue reading
As ER nurse Helen Sterling, Susan Sarandon has to be cagey with her emotions, never giving in to false hope or personal connection to the daily onslaught of the dead and the dying, and those who survive them. A nurse … Continue reading