Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 10, 2018
It began with a 2015 email from out of the blue to a reporter, Bastian Obermayer, with a newspaper in Munich, Germany. The author, labeling her or himself “John Doe,” was “just a concerned citizen” seeing ” unbelievable amount of … Continue reading
“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” morphs into The Girl with Nine Lives in “The Girl in the Spider’s Web,” a bastardized borrowing of Stieg Larrson’s avenging hacker angel. Lisbeth Salander has more narrow escapes than Jason Bourne in this … Continue reading
It only cost $75 million, Deadline.com says. So a $66-70 million weekend (Deadline notoriously under-estimates kids’ movies Saturday take) ensures Universal will make bank on its latest big screen version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” “The Grinch” as they … Continue reading