Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 10, 2018
It began with a 2015 email from out of the blue to a reporter, Bastian Obermayer, with a newspaper in Munich, Germany. The author, labeling her or himself “John Doe,” was “just a concerned citizen” seeing ” unbelievable amount of … Continue reading
“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” morphs into The Girl with Nine Lives in “The Girl in the Spider’s Web,” a bastardized borrowing of Stieg Larrson’s avenging hacker angel. Lisbeth Salander has more narrow escapes than Jason Bourne in this … Continue reading
It only cost $75 million, Deadline.com says. So a $66-70 million weekend (Deadline notoriously under-estimates kids’ movies Saturday take) ensures Universal will make bank on its latest big screen version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” “The Grinch” as they … Continue reading