Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 26, 2018
You know those thrillers where the bad guys talks a lot? Too much? Like, constantly? Hate those. And that’s what “Blood Brother” is. That’s Jack Kesy’s character, the psychopathic ex-con Jake, in a nutshell — once a “blood brother” to … Continue reading
The first trailer was sort of a “Hmmm, could it work?” But the latest one suggests “Why not?” So we’ll go into “Mary Poppins Returns” with that in our hearts. We will. Emily Blunt tries to make us forget Julia … Continue reading
The Exotic East rarely seems more exotic than in the first 30 minutes or so of “People’s Republic of Desire,” a new documentary about online life in China built around the Chinese obsession with live streaming “hostesses” and “hosts.” It’s … Continue reading
Alex Winter‘s “Trust Machine: The Story of Blockchain” is the best 85 minute primer you will ever get on Bitcoin, its many imitators and the potentially world-changing technology that makes cryptocurrencies possible. As Winter’s legion of expert witnesses explain, this … Continue reading