Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 25, 2018
Warners indulged one of the great talents in their ranks — Peter Jackson — in creating and releasing (in the UK with some US “special event” screenings) this documentary that spruces up and brings into our world (color, sound, speed … Continue reading
The official numbers roll out Monday afternoon, but for now, all the studios have shuffled their papers and guesstimated their final take by midnight tonight. “Ralph Breaks the Internet” did not hit $90 million over the long holiday weekend, which … Continue reading
Guys who install carpet for a living run afoul of the cannibals that live, prey and feed in a big country home in this sick and twisted British horror comedy. “Carpet fitters don’t CRY!” There are five laughs in this … Continue reading
Preview, The Wild West of capitalism, Chinese style, underpins the weirdness that is “Ghostbox Cowboy”
David Zellner stars in this indier than indie dark farce set in the anything goes marketplace that is modern China. A Texan among the natives is Too Big to Fail, right? Or is that just his hat? Dark Star’s “Ghostbox … Continue reading