Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2013
Looks like Michael Keaton has the Ronnie Cox role, Gary Oldman’s the scientist and Jackie Earle Haley’s the Kurtwood Smith character, or someone like him. But If this Feb. movie isn’t set in Detroit, what’s the point?
“The Ultimate Life,” a sequel to 2006’s “The Ultimate Gift,” is a milder-than-mild-mannered film about priorities, personal legacies and the joys of giving. But before we can get to that very simple point, we’re treated to a lengthy, faith-based version … Continue reading
Hiyao (or Hayao) Miyazaki was the king of the ultimate acquired taste film artform — anime. Fanciful stories told in a painterly, hand-crafted, under-animated water-color style, wide-eyed urchins and tykes, bucolic settings, Japanese settings, Japanese girls in school uniforms and … Continue reading
The last weekend of August and the first week or two of September are typically very low attendance weekends for movies. Which is why studios rarely take a shot at releasing anything with heft or potential in that window. Movie … Continue reading