Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Documentary Review -- Remembering "Tiny Tim: King for a Day"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2013
Looks like Michael Keaton has the Ronnie Cox role, Gary Oldman’s the scientist and Jackie Earle Haley’s the Kurtwood Smith character, or someone like him. But If this Feb. movie isn’t set in Detroit, what’s the point?
“The Ultimate Life,” a sequel to 2006’s “The Ultimate Gift,” is a milder-than-mild-mannered film about priorities, personal legacies and the joys of giving. But before we can get to that very simple point, we’re treated to a lengthy, faith-based version … Continue reading
Hiyao (or Hayao) Miyazaki was the king of the ultimate acquired taste film artform — anime. Fanciful stories told in a painterly, hand-crafted, under-animated water-color style, wide-eyed urchins and tykes, bucolic settings, Japanese settings, Japanese girls in school uniforms and … Continue reading
The last weekend of August and the first week or two of September are typically very low attendance weekends for movies. Which is why studios rarely take a shot at releasing anything with heft or potential in that window. Movie … Continue reading