Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2013
Looks like Michael Keaton has the Ronnie Cox role, Gary Oldman’s the scientist and Jackie Earle Haley’s the Kurtwood Smith character, or someone like him. But If this Feb. movie isn’t set in Detroit, what’s the point?
“The Ultimate Life,” a sequel to 2006’s “The Ultimate Gift,” is a milder-than-mild-mannered film about priorities, personal legacies and the joys of giving. But before we can get to that very simple point, we’re treated to a lengthy, faith-based version … Continue reading
Hiyao (or Hayao) Miyazaki was the king of the ultimate acquired taste film artform — anime. Fanciful stories told in a painterly, hand-crafted, under-animated water-color style, wide-eyed urchins and tykes, bucolic settings, Japanese settings, Japanese girls in school uniforms and … Continue reading
The last weekend of August and the first week or two of September are typically very low attendance weekends for movies. Which is why studios rarely take a shot at releasing anything with heft or potential in that window. Movie … Continue reading