Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Movie Review: "Wonder Woman 1984 (WW84)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Documentary Review: Retirees look for Paradise in Florida's The Villages -- "Some Kind of Heaven"
- Movie Review: Seeing the future, trying to change it of your own "Volition"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 17, 2013
There’s an amusing wistfulness to Nicole Holofcener’s latest exploration of woman and love, “Enough Said.” And since it co-stars the late-James Gandolfini, you can throw in a touch of melancholy, a sort of dark cloud that hangs over an otherwise … Continue reading
The hype, amongst girls of a certain age, is deafening. Which is why Screen Gems is previewing this latest dance battle movie. Josh Peck, Chris Brown, Laz Alonzo. The last “Step Up,” set in Miami, raised the bar on these … Continue reading
Hetfield is lead singer/guitarist/songwriter/rock god of Metallica, the heaviest of the heavy, loudest of the loud and the subject of/inspiration for “Metallica: Through the Never,” a concert film with an offstage element involving a gofer/roadie (Dane DeHaan) caught on the … Continue reading
Sexual addiction earns a big screen discussion that is equal parts serious and silly in “Thanks for Sharing,” a sober-minded dramedy from the screenwriter of “The Kids are All Right.” The serious side spins out of the struggles of Adam … Continue reading
An actress of great beauty and undeniable talents, reduced to a pretty “royal” bauble and tabloid fixture. Grace Kelly had the edge over Princess Diana by having an intriguing pre-marriage life (Hitchcock, glimpsed). But aside from that? Tragic ends, beautiful … Continue reading
Last weekend’s box office take fell off once studios got beyond guessing their numbers and had to actually tally the results. “Insidious: Chapter 2” did a brisk $40 million, but it won’t catch “The Conjuring” ($136 million and counting) in … Continue reading