Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 17, 2013
There’s an amusing wistfulness to Nicole Holofcener’s latest exploration of woman and love, “Enough Said.” And since it co-stars the late-James Gandolfini, you can throw in a touch of melancholy, a sort of dark cloud that hangs over an otherwise … Continue reading
The hype, amongst girls of a certain age, is deafening. Which is why Screen Gems is previewing this latest dance battle movie. Josh Peck, Chris Brown, Laz Alonzo. The last “Step Up,” set in Miami, raised the bar on these … Continue reading
Hetfield is lead singer/guitarist/songwriter/rock god of Metallica, the heaviest of the heavy, loudest of the loud and the subject of/inspiration for “Metallica: Through the Never,” a concert film with an offstage element involving a gofer/roadie (Dane DeHaan) caught on the … Continue reading
Sexual addiction earns a big screen discussion that is equal parts serious and silly in “Thanks for Sharing,” a sober-minded dramedy from the screenwriter of “The Kids are All Right.” The serious side spins out of the struggles of Adam … Continue reading
An actress of great beauty and undeniable talents, reduced to a pretty “royal” bauble and tabloid fixture. Grace Kelly had the edge over Princess Diana by having an intriguing pre-marriage life (Hitchcock, glimpsed). But aside from that? Tragic ends, beautiful … Continue reading
Last weekend’s box office take fell off once studios got beyond guessing their numbers and had to actually tally the results. “Insidious: Chapter 2” did a brisk $40 million, but it won’t catch “The Conjuring” ($136 million and counting) in … Continue reading