Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 8, 2013
Box Office: “Riddick” leads a weak weekend, clears $18 million
Deadline.com reports that Vin Diesel sank some of his “Fast & Furious” millions into reviving this franchise, which was Code Blue back in 2004, when “The Chronicles of Riddick” came out and tanked. So he made it and Universal (“Fast/Furious” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Riddick” leads a weak weekend, clears $18 million
Next Screening: A 9/11 immigrant saga, “The Citizen”
Sam Kadi directed and co-wrote this story of a Lebanese man (Egyptian star Khaled Nabawy) who has the misfortune of winning the Green Card lottery, getting into America, on 9/10/2001. Agnes Bruckner plays a pretty American who takes pity on … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: A 9/11 immigrant saga, “The Citizen”