Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 30, 2013
“Instructions Not Included” now the top-grossing Spanish Language film in US Box office history
“Instructions Not Included” was smuggled into theaters (no previews), weakly reviewed when critics finally got around to it, and seemingly limited in appeal. It’s a foreign language subtitled comedy with no prestige picture label attached to it. Even though reviews … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Gravity”
Technically dazzling and emotionally gripping, “Gravity” is a space-age science fiction thriller grounded in something pretty close to reality. A space shuttle/space junk accident picture, Alfonso Cuaron’s movie gives us Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, space-walkers whose ship is wrecked … Continue reading
“Sin City 2” : Made in India?
And Vancouver. And probably, soundstages in the U.S. Probably. PFW, one of the companies invested in Robert Rodriguez’s long-awaited “Sin City” sequel, “A Dame to Die For,” is shipping a lot of the special effects work to Mumbai, which RR … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “Sin City 2” : Made in India?