Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2013
“Austenland” is a clumsy comedy built on the shaky ground that separates broad, low spoof from straight romance. Lumbering along, miscast and ugly to look at, it’s a faintly promising idea utterly botched by Jerusha Hess, the less talented co-writer/director … Continue reading
Rock and roll and auto-erotic danger games. This film from the director of “Twilight” seems like an attempt by Catherine Hardwicke to get back to her edgy-indie roots. Emily Browning is the rocker who forgets her family and husband when … Continue reading
The “One Direction” concert film seems about a summer late, in terms of peak appeal for a pop boy band that blew up last summer and is still around this summer. But the film made a decent — borderline middling … Continue reading