Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2013
“Austenland” is a clumsy comedy built on the shaky ground that separates broad, low spoof from straight romance. Lumbering along, miscast and ugly to look at, it’s a faintly promising idea utterly botched by Jerusha Hess, the less talented co-writer/director … Continue reading
Rock and roll and auto-erotic danger games. This film from the director of “Twilight” seems like an attempt by Catherine Hardwicke to get back to her edgy-indie roots. Emily Browning is the rocker who forgets her family and husband when … Continue reading
The “One Direction” concert film seems about a summer late, in terms of peak appeal for a pop boy band that blew up last summer and is still around this summer. But the film made a decent — borderline middling … Continue reading