Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2013
“Austenland” is a clumsy comedy built on the shaky ground that separates broad, low spoof from straight romance. Lumbering along, miscast and ugly to look at, it’s a faintly promising idea utterly botched by Jerusha Hess, the less talented co-writer/director … Continue reading
Rock and roll and auto-erotic danger games. This film from the director of “Twilight” seems like an attempt by Catherine Hardwicke to get back to her edgy-indie roots. Emily Browning is the rocker who forgets her family and husband when … Continue reading
The “One Direction” concert film seems about a summer late, in terms of peak appeal for a pop boy band that blew up last summer and is still around this summer. But the film made a decent — borderline middling … Continue reading