Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2013
“Austenland” is a clumsy comedy built on the shaky ground that separates broad, low spoof from straight romance. Lumbering along, miscast and ugly to look at, it’s a faintly promising idea utterly botched by Jerusha Hess, the less talented co-writer/director … Continue reading
Rock and roll and auto-erotic danger games. This film from the director of “Twilight” seems like an attempt by Catherine Hardwicke to get back to her edgy-indie roots. Emily Browning is the rocker who forgets her family and husband when … Continue reading
The “One Direction” concert film seems about a summer late, in terms of peak appeal for a pop boy band that blew up last summer and is still around this summer. But the film made a decent — borderline middling … Continue reading