Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2013
Tom Hanks’ production banner PlayTone is behind this name-cast take on the day President Kennedy was killed, the FBI and the hospital where the president was pronounced dead. Billy Bob, ZAc Efron, Giamatti, lots of folks we know took roles … Continue reading
A nice recovery from a month of box office doldrums, thanks to an established horror franchise and a hyped DeNiro/Pfeiffer/Jones “action comedy.” “Insidious” only made $54 million in its first outing, but it held audience, week after week. And having … Continue reading
Maybe it’s a little soon to remember “Linsanity,” that magical month or so in which Chinese-American Jeremy Lin changed the face of pro basketball. It was only February and March of 2012 that Lin, on the verge of being cut … Continue reading
“Populaire” is a frothy little French period piece with a taste of gender role history tucked into its boy-meets-secretary romance. It’s from the “Mad Men” era, when men were real men, so long as real men were chain-smoking, hard-drinking sexual … Continue reading
Liev Scheiber , Romala Gari and Elias Koteas star in this “Ten Little Indians/Masque of the Red Death” style thriller about astronauts picked off, one by one. Like “Europa,” last summer’s sci-fi indie both in that way, and in the … Continue reading