Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2013
Tom Hanks’ production banner PlayTone is behind this name-cast take on the day President Kennedy was killed, the FBI and the hospital where the president was pronounced dead. Billy Bob, ZAc Efron, Giamatti, lots of folks we know took roles … Continue reading
A nice recovery from a month of box office doldrums, thanks to an established horror franchise and a hyped DeNiro/Pfeiffer/Jones “action comedy.” “Insidious” only made $54 million in its first outing, but it held audience, week after week. And having … Continue reading
Maybe it’s a little soon to remember “Linsanity,” that magical month or so in which Chinese-American Jeremy Lin changed the face of pro basketball. It was only February and March of 2012 that Lin, on the verge of being cut … Continue reading
“Populaire” is a frothy little French period piece with a taste of gender role history tucked into its boy-meets-secretary romance. It’s from the “Mad Men” era, when men were real men, so long as real men were chain-smoking, hard-drinking sexual … Continue reading