Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2013
Tom Hanks’ production banner PlayTone is behind this name-cast take on the day President Kennedy was killed, the FBI and the hospital where the president was pronounced dead. Billy Bob, ZAc Efron, Giamatti, lots of folks we know took roles … Continue reading
A nice recovery from a month of box office doldrums, thanks to an established horror franchise and a hyped DeNiro/Pfeiffer/Jones “action comedy.” “Insidious” only made $54 million in its first outing, but it held audience, week after week. And having … Continue reading
Maybe it’s a little soon to remember “Linsanity,” that magical month or so in which Chinese-American Jeremy Lin changed the face of pro basketball. It was only February and March of 2012 that Lin, on the verge of being cut … Continue reading
“Populaire” is a frothy little French period piece with a taste of gender role history tucked into its boy-meets-secretary romance. It’s from the “Mad Men” era, when men were real men, so long as real men were chain-smoking, hard-drinking sexual … Continue reading