Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2013
Tom Hanks’ production banner PlayTone is behind this name-cast take on the day President Kennedy was killed, the FBI and the hospital where the president was pronounced dead. Billy Bob, ZAc Efron, Giamatti, lots of folks we know took roles … Continue reading
A nice recovery from a month of box office doldrums, thanks to an established horror franchise and a hyped DeNiro/Pfeiffer/Jones “action comedy.” “Insidious” only made $54 million in its first outing, but it held audience, week after week. And having … Continue reading
Maybe it’s a little soon to remember “Linsanity,” that magical month or so in which Chinese-American Jeremy Lin changed the face of pro basketball. It was only February and March of 2012 that Lin, on the verge of being cut … Continue reading
“Populaire” is a frothy little French period piece with a taste of gender role history tucked into its boy-meets-secretary romance. It’s from the “Mad Men” era, when men were real men, so long as real men were chain-smoking, hard-drinking sexual … Continue reading