Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2013
Yeah, this is an interesting direction for “The Chosen One” to go in — directing martial arts pictures. But why not, Keanu? Limited release Nov. 1.
Was it Hemingway or Fitzgerald who first used the phrase “Kill Your Darlings,” about the ruthless process of winnowing down, editing one’s writing? I always heard Hemingway. Daniel Radcliffe plays the Beat Poet Allen Ginsburg in this recreation of his … Continue reading
“Riddick,” a movie that might have been titled “A Diesel and his Digital Dingo-dongo Dog,” is built to mirror the signature traits of its star. Like Vin Diesel, it has bulk, lumbering clumsily along as it repeats Diesel’s greatest hits … Continue reading