Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 24, 2013
There’s barely a wasted moment in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s hilarious and wise “Don Jon.” Well, as long as you don’t consider a guy obsessively watching porn and doing what follows “wasted.” The title character (Gordon-Levitt) certainly doesn’t.“ALL guys watch porn, every … Continue reading
Pantelion, the studio behind “Instructions Not Included” and “Casa de mi Padre,” is releasing this romantic comedy set in Mexico City about a fellow who needs a Visa and the gringa-bonita who might be able to help him out. “Pulling … Continue reading
You’ve got a gambling/Internet crime and betrayal thriller starring the red hot Justin Timberlake and a back-to-being hot Ben Affleck. It’s opening the same weekend as the ballyhooed (with justification) “Gravity.” Selling it, getting the word about “Runner Runner” out … Continue reading
The bar has been raised in the “uplifting” immigration drama just enough that you’ve got to try harder and show more than “This worthy soul from Norway/Guatemala/Vietnam/Albania went through X, Y and Z to get to this country.” That tale … Continue reading
First, there’s the sensation of speed — propulsive, thunderous, metal-rending momentum. The perfectly-titled “Rush” is fast cars passing in a blur, extreme close-ups of valves, pistons, nerve-wracking gear-changes and rubber meeting the road. And it’s about the men with the … Continue reading