Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Movie Review: "Wonder Woman 1984 (WW84)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Documentary Review: Retirees look for Paradise in Florida's The Villages -- "Some Kind of Heaven"
- Movie Review: Seeing the future, trying to change it of your own "Volition"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 24, 2013
There’s barely a wasted moment in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s hilarious and wise “Don Jon.” Well, as long as you don’t consider a guy obsessively watching porn and doing what follows “wasted.” The title character (Gordon-Levitt) certainly doesn’t.“ALL guys watch porn, every … Continue reading
Pantelion, the studio behind “Instructions Not Included” and “Casa de mi Padre,” is releasing this romantic comedy set in Mexico City about a fellow who needs a Visa and the gringa-bonita who might be able to help him out. “Pulling … Continue reading
You’ve got a gambling/Internet crime and betrayal thriller starring the red hot Justin Timberlake and a back-to-being hot Ben Affleck. It’s opening the same weekend as the ballyhooed (with justification) “Gravity.” Selling it, getting the word about “Runner Runner” out … Continue reading
The bar has been raised in the “uplifting” immigration drama just enough that you’ve got to try harder and show more than “This worthy soul from Norway/Guatemala/Vietnam/Albania went through X, Y and Z to get to this country.” That tale … Continue reading
First, there’s the sensation of speed — propulsive, thunderous, metal-rending momentum. The perfectly-titled “Rush” is fast cars passing in a blur, extreme close-ups of valves, pistons, nerve-wracking gear-changes and rubber meeting the road. And it’s about the men with the … Continue reading