Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 16, 2013
Hugh Jackman’s the father whose missing kid may have been nabbed by Paul Dano. And Jake Gyllenhaal’s the cop who might help, if vengeful, manic Dad doesn’t get to him first. Maria Bello, Viola Davis, Melissa Leo and Terrence Howard … Continue reading
The happiest fifteen minutes in the history of cinema really pop off the screen in the new 3D IMAX conversion of “The Wizard of Oz.” Those minutes, coming as Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) steps into the Technicolor wonder of the … Continue reading
In the Arena, Metallica rocks in 3D — lasers, power chords, the works. But in the streets, where an assistant roadie is on a mission? Anarchy has broken out. “Through the Never” looks like a very cool way of doing … Continue reading