Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 16, 2013
Hugh Jackman’s the father whose missing kid may have been nabbed by Paul Dano. And Jake Gyllenhaal’s the cop who might help, if vengeful, manic Dad doesn’t get to him first. Maria Bello, Viola Davis, Melissa Leo and Terrence Howard … Continue reading
The happiest fifteen minutes in the history of cinema really pop off the screen in the new 3D IMAX conversion of “The Wizard of Oz.” Those minutes, coming as Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) steps into the Technicolor wonder of the … Continue reading
In the Arena, Metallica rocks in 3D — lasers, power chords, the works. But in the streets, where an assistant roadie is on a mission? Anarchy has broken out. “Through the Never” looks like a very cool way of doing … Continue reading