Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 16, 2013
Hugh Jackman’s the father whose missing kid may have been nabbed by Paul Dano. And Jake Gyllenhaal’s the cop who might help, if vengeful, manic Dad doesn’t get to him first. Maria Bello, Viola Davis, Melissa Leo and Terrence Howard … Continue reading
The happiest fifteen minutes in the history of cinema really pop off the screen in the new 3D IMAX conversion of “The Wizard of Oz.” Those minutes, coming as Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) steps into the Technicolor wonder of the … Continue reading
In the Arena, Metallica rocks in 3D — lasers, power chords, the works. But in the streets, where an assistant roadie is on a mission? Anarchy has broken out. “Through the Never” looks like a very cool way of doing … Continue reading