Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 26, 2013
Movie Preview: “Need for Speed” looks like a gearhead’s digital wet dream
Aaron Paul stars, and from the looks of the trailer, we’re dealing with a “Vanishing Point” meets “Cannonball Run” scenario, an outlaw driver driving supercars in illegal highway dashes. Dominic Cooper also stars in this March movie. No Vin, no … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: “Need for Speed” looks like a gearhead’s digital wet dream
Weekend Movies: Overly generous reviews for “Metallica,” “Meatballs,” on the money ones for “Rush,” “Don Jon”
“Rush” is a terrific racing bio-pic, a real plum on Ron Howard’s resume. Everybody says so. Go see it. One of the best pictures of the year. I thought the Metallica concert-and-more film “Metallica, Through the Never,” was self-serious and … Continue reading