Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2013
Aaron Paul stars, and from the looks of the trailer, we’re dealing with a “Vanishing Point” meets “Cannonball Run” scenario, an outlaw driver driving supercars in illegal highway dashes. Dominic Cooper also stars in this March movie. No Vin, no … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Overly generous reviews for “Metallica,” “Meatballs,” on the money ones for “Rush,” “Don Jon”
“Rush” is a terrific racing bio-pic, a real plum on Ron Howard’s resume. Everybody says so. Go see it. One of the best pictures of the year. I thought the Metallica concert-and-more film “Metallica, Through the Never,” was self-serious and … Continue reading