Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 25, 2013
Paula Patton fizzes and flounces through “Baggage Claim”, a romantic comedy about a flight attendant who gives herself “30 days and 30 thousand miles” to find some man to “put a ring on it” before her sister’s wedding. No gesture … Continue reading
The Herculean task of any sequel is repeating the experience of the original film, or improving on it. That’s nigh on impossible due to the simple fact that you only get to take the viewing public utterly by surprise once. … Continue reading
“Metallica: Through the Never” is something like the ultimate fan’s concert film. Expense and fire marshals be damned, these gents — James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo — and their extensive road crew put on a show … Continue reading
Like a lot of drive-ins, this one has slipped in and out of a coma for years. But thanks to Honda’s little project to supply cash to five popular, worthy drive-ins with digital projection, the Ocala Drive-In will survive the … Continue reading
“Dumb and Dumber To,” they’re calling the film. Because nobody involved (save Daniels, an HBO star) had anything better to do. Finally.