Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 23, 2013
Three restaurants — a vintage Iowa “Home cooking” eatery, Chicago’s world famous Alinea and a Mexican-American start-up in Tuscon — followed, and have their stories told in this sympathetic take on the different faces of “comfort” and “family” that restaurants … Continue reading
Paula Patton is as bubbly as a freshly-popped magnum of champagne — always. Flirtatious, girlish, yeah she’s married to her childhood sweetheart, now pop star of the moment Robin Thicke. But she still works it, on screen and off, especially … Continue reading
Yeah, “Battle of the Year 3D” bombed. $5 million? Screen Gems gave away more tickets than that trying to convince teen girls that Josh Peck is a movie star. “Prisoners” rode very good reviews to a $20.4 million or so weekend. … Continue reading