Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 11, 2013
The moment Natalie Dormer sashays onto a screen, big screen or small, my first thought it is — “Oh, it’s Her Hotness from the ‘Henry the Eighth’ TV series.” My second thought is “When will she strip?” And the third … Continue reading
The fabulous films of fall are just starting previews, and soon we’ll be mercifully free of that annual late summer swoon of slop (“Riddick,””Two Guns,” “The Family” et al). So where do we stand as a tentative best of the … Continue reading
Overlong and comically broad, the Mexican-made “Instructions not Included”, a surprise late-summer box office hit, is still not without its charms. A Spanish-language (with subtitles) comic weeper about single parenting and the immigrant experience, it makes a fine showcase for … Continue reading