Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2013
Randy Moore’s filmed-on-the-sly theme park (Disneyland and Disney World) horror thriller got some level of Disney permission and has distribution. Intrigued.
He did the best of the Harry Potters, “Children of Men” and “Y Tu Mama Tambien” and “Great Expectations” and “A Little Princess.” One of my favorite directors, and he should be one of yours. So I’m looking for suggestions … Continue reading
History hasn’t let us think about the blood. It was all over Jackie Kennedy, the Secret Service Agents and especially the doctors and nurses crowded into that emergency room at Parkland Hospital in Dallas.“Parkland” is a fascinating insider’s view of … Continue reading
The answer to that has to be “probably.” “Wizard of Oz” took in decent money, owing to the lack of kid-film competition. And since the last theatrical cartoon was the limper-than-limp “Planes,” there is pent up demand. Lots of it. … Continue reading