Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 13, 2013
Fandango.com is reporting that ticket pre-sales for “Indious: Chapter 2” are higher than those for any other horror movie this year — and we’ve had films that opened HUGE in that genre (“Conjuring,” $41, “The Purge” in the $30s). So … Continue reading
Broadly speaking, awful movies fall into two categories — awfully bad in a funny way, and awfully bad period. “Approaching Midnight” staggers into the latter category, an excruciatingly dull, badly written, badly-acted vanity project for writer-director-star Sam Logan Khaleghi.A tale … Continue reading
The buzz is “Oscar worthy” on Steve “Shame/Hunger” McQueen’s film of “12 Years a Slave.” And some of that heat is on Chiwetel Ejiofor, a very good actor who gives another breakout performance as a free New Yorker kidnapped and … Continue reading
It happened so recently that this feels “too soon, too quickly.” But Jeremy Lin’s storied revival of the N.Y. Knicks, coming from nowhere, defying NBA expectations in a league where it often seems you have to be huge and black … Continue reading
Well, at least of the summer. Fall film season gets underway Sept. 20, at least as far as major releases go. “Prisoners” and the 3D conversion of “The Wizard of Oz” roll out next week — wide, among other titles. … Continue reading