Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 13, 2013
Fandango.com is reporting that ticket pre-sales for “Indious: Chapter 2” are higher than those for any other horror movie this year — and we’ve had films that opened HUGE in that genre (“Conjuring,” $41, “The Purge” in the $30s). So … Continue reading
Broadly speaking, awful movies fall into two categories — awfully bad in a funny way, and awfully bad period. “Approaching Midnight” staggers into the latter category, an excruciatingly dull, badly written, badly-acted vanity project for writer-director-star Sam Logan Khaleghi.A tale … Continue reading
The buzz is “Oscar worthy” on Steve “Shame/Hunger” McQueen’s film of “12 Years a Slave.” And some of that heat is on Chiwetel Ejiofor, a very good actor who gives another breakout performance as a free New Yorker kidnapped and … Continue reading
It happened so recently that this feels “too soon, too quickly.” But Jeremy Lin’s storied revival of the N.Y. Knicks, coming from nowhere, defying NBA expectations in a league where it often seems you have to be huge and black … Continue reading
Well, at least of the summer. Fall film season gets underway Sept. 20, at least as far as major releases go. “Prisoners” and the 3D conversion of “The Wizard of Oz” roll out next week — wide, among other titles. … Continue reading