Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2013
Alexander Payne has become a reliably Oscar-nominatable filmmaker in the years since “Sideways” and “About Schmidt.” “Nebraska”, shot in black and white, with Bruce Dern as a coot who thinks he’s won a $million, Will Forte as his long-suffering son … Continue reading
Finally, that dumping ground between summer blockbusters and fall awards contenders is behind us, the era of “Riddick” and “Getaway” and “Insidious: Chapter 2.” Gone are the days when we think of Josh Peck as “box office.” OK, not quite. … Continue reading
Dance battle movies — “Step Up” and its ilk — have become the musicals of their generation. They may be formulaic in the extreme, generic in their romances and be peopled by character “types.” But they’re athletic extravaganzas celebrating great … Continue reading