Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2013
Alexander Payne has become a reliably Oscar-nominatable filmmaker in the years since “Sideways” and “About Schmidt.” “Nebraska”, shot in black and white, with Bruce Dern as a coot who thinks he’s won a $million, Will Forte as his long-suffering son … Continue reading
Finally, that dumping ground between summer blockbusters and fall awards contenders is behind us, the era of “Riddick” and “Getaway” and “Insidious: Chapter 2.” Gone are the days when we think of Josh Peck as “box office.” OK, not quite. … Continue reading
Dance battle movies — “Step Up” and its ilk — have become the musicals of their generation. They may be formulaic in the extreme, generic in their romances and be peopled by character “types.” But they’re athletic extravaganzas celebrating great … Continue reading