Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2013
Alexander Payne has become a reliably Oscar-nominatable filmmaker in the years since “Sideways” and “About Schmidt.” “Nebraska”, shot in black and white, with Bruce Dern as a coot who thinks he’s won a $million, Will Forte as his long-suffering son … Continue reading
Finally, that dumping ground between summer blockbusters and fall awards contenders is behind us, the era of “Riddick” and “Getaway” and “Insidious: Chapter 2.” Gone are the days when we think of Josh Peck as “box office.” OK, not quite. … Continue reading
Dance battle movies — “Step Up” and its ilk — have become the musicals of their generation. They may be formulaic in the extreme, generic in their romances and be peopled by character “types.” But they’re athletic extravaganzas celebrating great … Continue reading