Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Witches lose their teeth in "The Craft: Legacy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2013
Alexander Payne has become a reliably Oscar-nominatable filmmaker in the years since “Sideways” and “About Schmidt.” “Nebraska”, shot in black and white, with Bruce Dern as a coot who thinks he’s won a $million, Will Forte as his long-suffering son … Continue reading
Finally, that dumping ground between summer blockbusters and fall awards contenders is behind us, the era of “Riddick” and “Getaway” and “Insidious: Chapter 2.” Gone are the days when we think of Josh Peck as “box office.” OK, not quite. … Continue reading
Dance battle movies — “Step Up” and its ilk — have become the musicals of their generation. They may be formulaic in the extreme, generic in their romances and be peopled by character “types.” But they’re athletic extravaganzas celebrating great … Continue reading