Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 10, 2013
The Ron Howard F-1 racing bio-pic has earned swooning notices from The Trades. It doesn’t open until the end of Sept., but I hope to interview Howard and one of the stars of this James Hunt/Nikki Lauda racing rivalry tale. … Continue reading
Reviews are calling “Blue Caprice,” the new thriller about the D.C. Snipers, “the most frightening monster movie of the year,” (New York Observer). And the praise for the film’s star, Isaiah Washington, is even more rapturous, praising his “mesmerizing authority … Continue reading