Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 23, 2013
Weekend Box Office: “You’re Next” may best “World’s End,” but “Mortal” looks quite mortal
These are the dog days of August, especially for movie goers. It’s not that the films are bad, but expectations drop, the audience shrinks with kids back in school and we are reminded, every Sunday night, that the last blockbuster … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend Box Office: “You’re Next” may best “World’s End,” but “Mortal” looks quite mortal
Affleck vs. Cavell in the Batman/Superman movie –and the backlash begins
I say “vs.” because I am assuming, based on earlier reports, that this next Superman film will play with the caped heroes in conflict formula run through comic books of the ’80s and 90s. The Dark Knight is really dark, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Affleck vs. Cavell in the Batman/Superman movie –and the backlash begins