Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 23, 2013
These are the dog days of August, especially for movie goers. It’s not that the films are bad, but expectations drop, the audience shrinks with kids back in school and we are reminded, every Sunday night, that the last blockbuster … Continue reading
I say “vs.” because I am assuming, based on earlier reports, that this next Superman film will play with the caped heroes in conflict formula run through comic books of the ’80s and 90s. The Dark Knight is really dark, … Continue reading