Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 13, 2013
Love that Turturro, who directed and stars in this one, was able to talk Woody Allen into playing his “manager” (OK, “pimp”), and Sharon Stone and Sofia Vergara and Liev Schreiber and Bob Balaban and Jill Scott into co-starring in … Continue reading
The new bio-pic “Jobs” is a solidly informative and entertaining “Brief History of Apple,” as seen through the eyes of its co-founding genius. We experience thirty years of Steve Jobs’ mercurial life and times, with plenty of tastes of triumph … Continue reading
“Tron: Legacy”, a showcase for her otherworldly beauty, won Olivia Wilde attention. “Cowboys & Aliens” was her reward for that. And “In Time” and “The Words” and “The Change-Up.” But those big-ticket pictures didn’t show us how good an actress … Continue reading
At the end of this year, America’s most embattled corner of the film exhibition biz faces its toughest test since the rise of the suburban shopping mall. Back then, and for decades, the biggest pressure on drive-in cinemas has been … Continue reading
Saoirse Ronan stars in this love in a time of nuclear war romance, directed by Kevin “Last King of Scotland” Macdonald. Well, it’s not “The Host,” but Saoirse is making the most of her young love in action years. “How … Continue reading