Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 13, 2013
Love that Turturro, who directed and stars in this one, was able to talk Woody Allen into playing his “manager” (OK, “pimp”), and Sharon Stone and Sofia Vergara and Liev Schreiber and Bob Balaban and Jill Scott into co-starring in … Continue reading
The new bio-pic “Jobs” is a solidly informative and entertaining “Brief History of Apple,” as seen through the eyes of its co-founding genius. We experience thirty years of Steve Jobs’ mercurial life and times, with plenty of tastes of triumph … Continue reading
“Tron: Legacy”, a showcase for her otherworldly beauty, won Olivia Wilde attention. “Cowboys & Aliens” was her reward for that. And “In Time” and “The Words” and “The Change-Up.” But those big-ticket pictures didn’t show us how good an actress … Continue reading
At the end of this year, America’s most embattled corner of the film exhibition biz faces its toughest test since the rise of the suburban shopping mall. Back then, and for decades, the biggest pressure on drive-in cinemas has been … Continue reading
Saoirse Ronan stars in this love in a time of nuclear war romance, directed by Kevin “Last King of Scotland” Macdonald. Well, it’s not “The Host,” but Saoirse is making the most of her young love in action years. “How … Continue reading
A period piece, Jim Caviezel, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sam Shepard, Hal Holbrook, World War I era South. A little romance, a little race, a little tragedy. “Savannah” goes into limited release later this month.