Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: "Pray for Rain," but wear your waders
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2013
Dress up Johnny Knoxville as his old man Irving character, pair him up with a cute grandson and send him on the road to prank unsuspecting bystanders across the country. “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” has maybe five big laughs just … Continue reading
Paramount Animation wants to get into the animated toys department. Like Disney/Pixar, of “Cars” and the upcoming “Planes.” And take a page out of Sony’s “Smurfs” playbook, blending live action and animation. And do something along the lines of Paramount’s … Continue reading
Fans familiar with the Korean original will recognize some of the scenes and props from the Spike Lee/James Brolin-Rooney Mara-Samuel L. Jackson remake of “Oldboy.” Especially the hammer. It looks like Lee and Co. took a few liberties with the … Continue reading
Denzel Washington teams up with that King of Chemistry, Mark Wahlberg, in “2 Guns,” a jokey-bloody action comedy that could use more jokes and less blood. Wahlberg’s Icelandic accomplice, “Contraband” director Baltasar Kormákur, manages little flash in this utterly generic double-and-triple-crossing … Continue reading