Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2013
Dress up Johnny Knoxville as his old man Irving character, pair him up with a cute grandson and send him on the road to prank unsuspecting bystanders across the country. “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” has maybe five big laughs just … Continue reading
Paramount Animation wants to get into the animated toys department. Like Disney/Pixar, of “Cars” and the upcoming “Planes.” And take a page out of Sony’s “Smurfs” playbook, blending live action and animation. And do something along the lines of Paramount’s … Continue reading
Fans familiar with the Korean original will recognize some of the scenes and props from the Spike Lee/James Brolin-Rooney Mara-Samuel L. Jackson remake of “Oldboy.” Especially the hammer. It looks like Lee and Co. took a few liberties with the … Continue reading
Denzel Washington teams up with that King of Chemistry, Mark Wahlberg, in “2 Guns,” a jokey-bloody action comedy that could use more jokes and less blood. Wahlberg’s Icelandic accomplice, “Contraband” director Baltasar Kormákur, manages little flash in this utterly generic double-and-triple-crossing … Continue reading