Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2013
Dress up Johnny Knoxville as his old man Irving character, pair him up with a cute grandson and send him on the road to prank unsuspecting bystanders across the country. “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” has maybe five big laughs just … Continue reading
Paramount Animation wants to get into the animated toys department. Like Disney/Pixar, of “Cars” and the upcoming “Planes.” And take a page out of Sony’s “Smurfs” playbook, blending live action and animation. And do something along the lines of Paramount’s … Continue reading
Fans familiar with the Korean original will recognize some of the scenes and props from the Spike Lee/James Brolin-Rooney Mara-Samuel L. Jackson remake of “Oldboy.” Especially the hammer. It looks like Lee and Co. took a few liberties with the … Continue reading
Denzel Washington teams up with that King of Chemistry, Mark Wahlberg, in “2 Guns,” a jokey-bloody action comedy that could use more jokes and less blood. Wahlberg’s Icelandic accomplice, “Contraband” director Baltasar Kormákur, manages little flash in this utterly generic double-and-triple-crossing … Continue reading