Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2013
Dress up Johnny Knoxville as his old man Irving character, pair him up with a cute grandson and send him on the road to prank unsuspecting bystanders across the country. “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” has maybe five big laughs just … Continue reading
Paramount Animation wants to get into the animated toys department. Like Disney/Pixar, of “Cars” and the upcoming “Planes.” And take a page out of Sony’s “Smurfs” playbook, blending live action and animation. And do something along the lines of Paramount’s … Continue reading
Fans familiar with the Korean original will recognize some of the scenes and props from the Spike Lee/James Brolin-Rooney Mara-Samuel L. Jackson remake of “Oldboy.” Especially the hammer. It looks like Lee and Co. took a few liberties with the … Continue reading
Denzel Washington teams up with that King of Chemistry, Mark Wahlberg, in “2 Guns,” a jokey-bloody action comedy that could use more jokes and less blood. Wahlberg’s Icelandic accomplice, “Contraband” director Baltasar Kormákur, manages little flash in this utterly generic double-and-triple-crossing … Continue reading