Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 24, 2013
The Gothic South of Billy Bob Thornton
The rural South hasn’t produced many filmmaking voices. But one of them is Billy Bob Thornton. And that’s important, because there are things a guy who grew up in the South knows, experienced and appreciates that no New York film … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on The Gothic South of Billy Bob Thornton
Weekend Box Office: “Butler” beats back “Mortals,” “World’s End,” “You’re Next” bombs
The only new opening this weekend at the movies that’s performing off par is “You’re Next,” a superior slasher picture that should have ridden decent reviews and a reliable fanbase to a $15 million+ opening weekend. And it isn’t. Based … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend Box Office: “Butler” beats back “Mortals,” “World’s End,” “You’re Next” bombs