Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2013
Neill Blomkamp may be well on his way to becoming the only sci-fi writer-director who matters. And if “Elysium” is more an evolutionary leap than a revolutionary one from his break-out hit “District 9,” it still shows him in great … Continue reading
Any thoughts that a second Percy Jackson and the Olympians film would drag Rick Riordan’s Greek Godchildren franchise out of the shadow of Harry Potter are dashed the moment Percy and his “half-blood” friends pile into a supernatural taxi in … Continue reading
“We’re the Millers,” the last and least of the big R-rated comedies of the summer of 2013, establishes a few hard truisms for the viewer to chew on. Jennifer Aniston, playing a stripper and delivering a scantily-clad striptease in a … Continue reading
“Lovelace,” the new film biography of the woman who starred in the most famous porn film of all time, “Deep Throat,” struggles to find novelty in a story that plays as depressingly familiar. It’s the “pretty young thing corrupted by … Continue reading
An “innocent” religious girl who heads to Vegas to experience pleasures of the flesh, right? Russell Brand, Octavia Spencer and Nick Offerman are in the cast of this October release, which is getting a DirectTV rollout this weekend.