Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2013
In Hollywood, it’s the ultimate “nice work, if you can get it” job. “You’re not limited or judged by what you look like,” the actress Lake Bell, gorgeous enough to be cast for what she looks like, says. “It’s the … Continue reading
He is, as his “Jobs” co-star Josh Gad told me a couple of days ago, “a dead ringer for Steve Jobs, so he’d have to be at the top of any list of actors considered for playing him.” Even if … Continue reading
You don’t have to go to the movies to know the phrase “In a world…” It’s the voice-of-doom cliche from a hundred movie trailers, from thrillers — “In a world ruled by zombies” — to comedies — “In a world … Continue reading
From time immemorial, romantic comedies have but one rule one they dare not break. We must root for romance, for love to triumph, for those two crazy kids (or adorable geezers, or every age in between) to make it work … Continue reading
Denzel Washington has a fresh hit on his resume, and Mark Wahlberg’s Icelandic “Contraband” director has a Hollywood future. “2 Guns” is doing a solid but un- spectacular $28 million on its opening weekend. “Smurfs 2” stepped into a … Continue reading