Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Chilean "Mujeres Arriba" discover the difference between "sex" and "good sex"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2013
In Hollywood, it’s the ultimate “nice work, if you can get it” job. “You’re not limited or judged by what you look like,” the actress Lake Bell, gorgeous enough to be cast for what she looks like, says. “It’s the … Continue reading
He is, as his “Jobs” co-star Josh Gad told me a couple of days ago, “a dead ringer for Steve Jobs, so he’d have to be at the top of any list of actors considered for playing him.” Even if … Continue reading
You don’t have to go to the movies to know the phrase “In a world…” It’s the voice-of-doom cliche from a hundred movie trailers, from thrillers — “In a world ruled by zombies” — to comedies — “In a world … Continue reading
From time immemorial, romantic comedies have but one rule one they dare not break. We must root for romance, for love to triumph, for those two crazy kids (or adorable geezers, or every age in between) to make it work … Continue reading
Denzel Washington has a fresh hit on his resume, and Mark Wahlberg’s Icelandic “Contraband” director has a Hollywood future. “2 Guns” is doing a solid but un- spectacular $28 million on its opening weekend. “Smurfs 2” stepped into a … Continue reading