Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2013
In Hollywood, it’s the ultimate “nice work, if you can get it” job. “You’re not limited or judged by what you look like,” the actress Lake Bell, gorgeous enough to be cast for what she looks like, says. “It’s the … Continue reading
He is, as his “Jobs” co-star Josh Gad told me a couple of days ago, “a dead ringer for Steve Jobs, so he’d have to be at the top of any list of actors considered for playing him.” Even if … Continue reading
You don’t have to go to the movies to know the phrase “In a world…” It’s the voice-of-doom cliche from a hundred movie trailers, from thrillers — “In a world ruled by zombies” — to comedies — “In a world … Continue reading
From time immemorial, romantic comedies have but one rule one they dare not break. We must root for romance, for love to triumph, for those two crazy kids (or adorable geezers, or every age in between) to make it work … Continue reading
Denzel Washington has a fresh hit on his resume, and Mark Wahlberg’s Icelandic “Contraband” director has a Hollywood future. “2 Guns” is doing a solid but un- spectacular $28 million on its opening weekend. “Smurfs 2” stepped into a … Continue reading