Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A son with few "Identifying Features" goes missing in the Borderlands in this haunting odyssey
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2013
In Hollywood, it’s the ultimate “nice work, if you can get it” job. “You’re not limited or judged by what you look like,” the actress Lake Bell, gorgeous enough to be cast for what she looks like, says. “It’s the … Continue reading
He is, as his “Jobs” co-star Josh Gad told me a couple of days ago, “a dead ringer for Steve Jobs, so he’d have to be at the top of any list of actors considered for playing him.” Even if … Continue reading
You don’t have to go to the movies to know the phrase “In a world…” It’s the voice-of-doom cliche from a hundred movie trailers, from thrillers — “In a world ruled by zombies” — to comedies — “In a world … Continue reading
From time immemorial, romantic comedies have but one rule one they dare not break. We must root for romance, for love to triumph, for those two crazy kids (or adorable geezers, or every age in between) to make it work … Continue reading
Denzel Washington has a fresh hit on his resume, and Mark Wahlberg’s Icelandic “Contraband” director has a Hollywood future. “2 Guns” is doing a solid but un- spectacular $28 million on its opening weekend. “Smurfs 2” stepped into a … Continue reading