Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2013
In Hollywood, it’s the ultimate “nice work, if you can get it” job. “You’re not limited or judged by what you look like,” the actress Lake Bell, gorgeous enough to be cast for what she looks like, says. “It’s the … Continue reading
He is, as his “Jobs” co-star Josh Gad told me a couple of days ago, “a dead ringer for Steve Jobs, so he’d have to be at the top of any list of actors considered for playing him.” Even if … Continue reading
You don’t have to go to the movies to know the phrase “In a world…” It’s the voice-of-doom cliche from a hundred movie trailers, from thrillers — “In a world ruled by zombies” — to comedies — “In a world … Continue reading
From time immemorial, romantic comedies have but one rule one they dare not break. We must root for romance, for love to triumph, for those two crazy kids (or adorable geezers, or every age in between) to make it work … Continue reading
Denzel Washington has a fresh hit on his resume, and Mark Wahlberg’s Icelandic “Contraband” director has a Hollywood future. “2 Guns” is doing a solid but un- spectacular $28 million on its opening weekend. “Smurfs 2” stepped into a … Continue reading