Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2013
A legal thriller about lawyers being manipulated as they defend an accused terrorist? With Eric Bana and Rebecca Hall and Jim Broadbent? Color me present.
A whopping 17% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Critic after critic pounding the derivative film that spins out of a much-beloved series of novels. Which feel for all the world like a marketing department’s idea of “How we can get … Continue reading
A good drinking buddy, Olivia Wilde says, “has to have a sense of humor, be able to hold their alcohol and know when to say when.” Jake Johnson suggests, too that “you have to be able to drink a lot … Continue reading
Great cast — Oscar winners Billy Bob T. and Marcia Gay H. — Giamatti, Jackie Earl Haley, Jackie Weaver, Zac Efron, Ron Livingston AND Mark Duplass. Do people really want to cover that ground again, fifty years later? We’ll see … Continue reading
DEadline.com reports that Relativity has gotten on board this Bandito Brothers project. The genre based but ultra-realistic “Act of Valor” earned decent reviews and good coin ($70 million) when it opened. A movie that used real Special Forces soldiers as … Continue reading
“The World’s End” feels like a grand last hurrah, a victory lap for those “Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead/Spaced” mates Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and their writer/director-partner-in-crime, Edgar Wright. A rollicking, drunken romp through beer, weepy co-dependency and alien pod … Continue reading