Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2013
A legal thriller about lawyers being manipulated as they defend an accused terrorist? With Eric Bana and Rebecca Hall and Jim Broadbent? Color me present.
A whopping 17% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Critic after critic pounding the derivative film that spins out of a much-beloved series of novels. Which feel for all the world like a marketing department’s idea of “How we can get … Continue reading
A good drinking buddy, Olivia Wilde says, “has to have a sense of humor, be able to hold their alcohol and know when to say when.” Jake Johnson suggests, too that “you have to be able to drink a lot … Continue reading
Great cast — Oscar winners Billy Bob T. and Marcia Gay H. — Giamatti, Jackie Earl Haley, Jackie Weaver, Zac Efron, Ron Livingston AND Mark Duplass. Do people really want to cover that ground again, fifty years later? We’ll see … Continue reading
DEadline.com reports that Relativity has gotten on board this Bandito Brothers project. The genre based but ultra-realistic “Act of Valor” earned decent reviews and good coin ($70 million) when it opened. A movie that used real Special Forces soldiers as … Continue reading
“The World’s End” feels like a grand last hurrah, a victory lap for those “Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead/Spaced” mates Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and their writer/director-partner-in-crime, Edgar Wright. A rollicking, drunken romp through beer, weepy co-dependency and alien pod … Continue reading