Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Documentary Review -- Remembering "Tiny Tim: King for a Day"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2013
A legal thriller about lawyers being manipulated as they defend an accused terrorist? With Eric Bana and Rebecca Hall and Jim Broadbent? Color me present.
A whopping 17% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Critic after critic pounding the derivative film that spins out of a much-beloved series of novels. Which feel for all the world like a marketing department’s idea of “How we can get … Continue reading
A good drinking buddy, Olivia Wilde says, “has to have a sense of humor, be able to hold their alcohol and know when to say when.” Jake Johnson suggests, too that “you have to be able to drink a lot … Continue reading
Great cast — Oscar winners Billy Bob T. and Marcia Gay H. — Giamatti, Jackie Earl Haley, Jackie Weaver, Zac Efron, Ron Livingston AND Mark Duplass. Do people really want to cover that ground again, fifty years later? We’ll see … Continue reading
DEadline.com reports that Relativity has gotten on board this Bandito Brothers project. The genre based but ultra-realistic “Act of Valor” earned decent reviews and good coin ($70 million) when it opened. A movie that used real Special Forces soldiers as … Continue reading
“The World’s End” feels like a grand last hurrah, a victory lap for those “Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead/Spaced” mates Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and their writer/director-partner-in-crime, Edgar Wright. A rollicking, drunken romp through beer, weepy co-dependency and alien pod … Continue reading