Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2013
“The Butler” probably won’t stick around long enough to pass “We’re the Millers” as a late August surprise at the box office. But it did well enough to win its second weekend in a row — over $17 million. “Millers” … Continue reading
Julie Harris collected six Tonys and more than a few movie anecdotes over the course of her long, storied career. She acted opposite James Dean in “East of Eden,” and told great stories about what a camera hog and fussbudget … Continue reading
The 2010 French film “Crime d’Amour (Love Crime)” opened to unspectacular reviews and indifferent box office in France and then the U.S. But something about it intrigued legendary American filmmaker Brian DePalma. And when a producer pitched the idea of … Continue reading