Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2013
“The Butler” probably won’t stick around long enough to pass “We’re the Millers” as a late August surprise at the box office. But it did well enough to win its second weekend in a row — over $17 million. “Millers” … Continue reading
Julie Harris collected six Tonys and more than a few movie anecdotes over the course of her long, storied career. She acted opposite James Dean in “East of Eden,” and told great stories about what a camera hog and fussbudget … Continue reading
The 2010 French film “Crime d’Amour (Love Crime)” opened to unspectacular reviews and indifferent box office in France and then the U.S. But something about it intrigued legendary American filmmaker Brian DePalma. And when a producer pitched the idea of … Continue reading