Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2013
“The Butler” probably won’t stick around long enough to pass “We’re the Millers” as a late August surprise at the box office. But it did well enough to win its second weekend in a row — over $17 million. “Millers” … Continue reading
Julie Harris collected six Tonys and more than a few movie anecdotes over the course of her long, storied career. She acted opposite James Dean in “East of Eden,” and told great stories about what a camera hog and fussbudget … Continue reading
The 2010 French film “Crime d’Amour (Love Crime)” opened to unspectacular reviews and indifferent box office in France and then the U.S. But something about it intrigued legendary American filmmaker Brian DePalma. And when a producer pitched the idea of … Continue reading