Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Documentary Review -- Remembering "Tiny Tim: King for a Day"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2013
Posts like this one, on Gawker, make my head hurt. “Which is worse, talkers or ‘shushers’ at the movies?” What, now it’s the people who want to watch the MOVIE who are the “a–holes”? Really? It’s like re-opening the global … Continue reading
Cynical, underwritten, blandly voiced and marketed to beat the band, Disney’s “Planes” is shaping up as an epic fail for an animation division that John LAsseter’s hiring was supposed to make failure proof. They’re cashing in on a direct-to-video movie … Continue reading
Bruce Willis has had a few testy moments these past few weeks — getting snotty on a British radio show over his box office flop “Red 2,” without provocation, for instance. And now he’s out of “Expendables 3” and Harrison … Continue reading
Take a gander at the pitch for writer-director Fred Zara’s kickstarter film on a lowly dishwasher who can “read” people and tell me it’s not commercial in an indie sense. Get Paul Dano as your lead and this thing has … Continue reading
Spike Jonze needed to purge himself from the “Where the Wild Things Are” experience, and “Her” seems like just the tonic. Joaquin Phoenix, looking like he’s just come from audition to join “The Big Bang Theory,” is a disconsolate loner … Continue reading