Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2013
Posts like this one, on Gawker, make my head hurt. “Which is worse, talkers or ‘shushers’ at the movies?” What, now it’s the people who want to watch the MOVIE who are the “a–holes”? Really? It’s like re-opening the global … Continue reading
Cynical, underwritten, blandly voiced and marketed to beat the band, Disney’s “Planes” is shaping up as an epic fail for an animation division that John LAsseter’s hiring was supposed to make failure proof. They’re cashing in on a direct-to-video movie … Continue reading
Bruce Willis has had a few testy moments these past few weeks — getting snotty on a British radio show over his box office flop “Red 2,” without provocation, for instance. And now he’s out of “Expendables 3” and Harrison … Continue reading
Take a gander at the pitch for writer-director Fred Zara’s kickstarter film on a lowly dishwasher who can “read” people and tell me it’s not commercial in an indie sense. Get Paul Dano as your lead and this thing has … Continue reading
Spike Jonze needed to purge himself from the “Where the Wild Things Are” experience, and “Her” seems like just the tonic. Joaquin Phoenix, looking like he’s just come from audition to join “The Big Bang Theory,” is a disconsolate loner … Continue reading