Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2013
There are funnier cartoons than the “Cars” universe of movies, and smarter ones and animated films with more heart. But there’s nothing like the “World of ‘Cars’” for toy tie-ins, or so the reasoning must have been for “Planes,” the … Continue reading
James Gandolfini’s last role? In Nicole “Friends with Money” Holofcener’s “Enough Said,” a rom-com with Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the new woman in James G’s character’s life, and Holofcener’s muse, Catherine Keener, as his ex. With Toni Collette and a few … Continue reading
One of the unwritten rules of summer is that no movie opens in August when it could have opened in May, June or July. In other words, action pictures, franchises, comic book films, animated movies, sci-fi, big comedies — if … Continue reading
British actor Ben Whishaw is the quirky, brainy head of British Intelligence’s Q Division in the Daniel Craig incarnations of the James Bond movies. He’s been at home in many a period romance and seems almost typecast as the … Continue reading