Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2013
There are funnier cartoons than the “Cars” universe of movies, and smarter ones and animated films with more heart. But there’s nothing like the “World of ‘Cars’” for toy tie-ins, or so the reasoning must have been for “Planes,” the … Continue reading
James Gandolfini’s last role? In Nicole “Friends with Money” Holofcener’s “Enough Said,” a rom-com with Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the new woman in James G’s character’s life, and Holofcener’s muse, Catherine Keener, as his ex. With Toni Collette and a few … Continue reading
One of the unwritten rules of summer is that no movie opens in August when it could have opened in May, June or July. In other words, action pictures, franchises, comic book films, animated movies, sci-fi, big comedies — if … Continue reading
British actor Ben Whishaw is the quirky, brainy head of British Intelligence’s Q Division in the Daniel Craig incarnations of the James Bond movies. He’s been at home in many a period romance and seems almost typecast as the … Continue reading