Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2013
There are funnier cartoons than the “Cars” universe of movies, and smarter ones and animated films with more heart. But there’s nothing like the “World of ‘Cars’” for toy tie-ins, or so the reasoning must have been for “Planes,” the … Continue reading
James Gandolfini’s last role? In Nicole “Friends with Money” Holofcener’s “Enough Said,” a rom-com with Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the new woman in James G’s character’s life, and Holofcener’s muse, Catherine Keener, as his ex. With Toni Collette and a few … Continue reading
One of the unwritten rules of summer is that no movie opens in August when it could have opened in May, June or July. In other words, action pictures, franchises, comic book films, animated movies, sci-fi, big comedies — if … Continue reading
British actor Ben Whishaw is the quirky, brainy head of British Intelligence’s Q Division in the Daniel Craig incarnations of the James Bond movies. He’s been at home in many a period romance and seems almost typecast as the … Continue reading