Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2013
There are funnier cartoons than the “Cars” universe of movies, and smarter ones and animated films with more heart. But there’s nothing like the “World of ‘Cars’” for toy tie-ins, or so the reasoning must have been for “Planes,” the … Continue reading
James Gandolfini’s last role? In Nicole “Friends with Money” Holofcener’s “Enough Said,” a rom-com with Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the new woman in James G’s character’s life, and Holofcener’s muse, Catherine Keener, as his ex. With Toni Collette and a few … Continue reading
One of the unwritten rules of summer is that no movie opens in August when it could have opened in May, June or July. In other words, action pictures, franchises, comic book films, animated movies, sci-fi, big comedies — if … Continue reading
British actor Ben Whishaw is the quirky, brainy head of British Intelligence’s Q Division in the Daniel Craig incarnations of the James Bond movies. He’s been at home in many a period romance and seems almost typecast as the … Continue reading