Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2013
There are funnier cartoons than the “Cars” universe of movies, and smarter ones and animated films with more heart. But there’s nothing like the “World of ‘Cars’” for toy tie-ins, or so the reasoning must have been for “Planes,” the … Continue reading
James Gandolfini’s last role? In Nicole “Friends with Money” Holofcener’s “Enough Said,” a rom-com with Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the new woman in James G’s character’s life, and Holofcener’s muse, Catherine Keener, as his ex. With Toni Collette and a few … Continue reading
One of the unwritten rules of summer is that no movie opens in August when it could have opened in May, June or July. In other words, action pictures, franchises, comic book films, animated movies, sci-fi, big comedies — if … Continue reading
British actor Ben Whishaw is the quirky, brainy head of British Intelligence’s Q Division in the Daniel Craig incarnations of the James Bond movies. He’s been at home in many a period romance and seems almost typecast as the … Continue reading