Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2013
“I Hate Reboots” reads a funny T-shirt that comic book/movie superhero nerd Dave Lizewski wears in “Kick Ass 2,” an obvious shot at “Spider-Man”, “Superman” and other franchises that wind down, then return to life entirely too soon on the … Continue reading
Sweeping in ambition and sometimes moving in execution, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is an epic that more closely resembles a made-for-TV movie or mini-series, albeit one from the high-minded heyday of TV movies, the ’70s. “Backstairs at the White House,” … Continue reading
The year is just two thirds over, but already one Hollywood studio is popping the bubbly. Universal has had two monster hits — “Fast & Furious 6” and “Despicable Me 2” — and a few solid hits (“The Purge” “Identity … Continue reading