Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2013
“I Hate Reboots” reads a funny T-shirt that comic book/movie superhero nerd Dave Lizewski wears in “Kick Ass 2,” an obvious shot at “Spider-Man”, “Superman” and other franchises that wind down, then return to life entirely too soon on the … Continue reading
Sweeping in ambition and sometimes moving in execution, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is an epic that more closely resembles a made-for-TV movie or mini-series, albeit one from the high-minded heyday of TV movies, the ’70s. “Backstairs at the White House,” … Continue reading
The year is just two thirds over, but already one Hollywood studio is popping the bubbly. Universal has had two monster hits — “Fast & Furious 6” and “Despicable Me 2” — and a few solid hits (“The Purge” “Identity … Continue reading