Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2013
“I Hate Reboots” reads a funny T-shirt that comic book/movie superhero nerd Dave Lizewski wears in “Kick Ass 2,” an obvious shot at “Spider-Man”, “Superman” and other franchises that wind down, then return to life entirely too soon on the … Continue reading
Sweeping in ambition and sometimes moving in execution, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is an epic that more closely resembles a made-for-TV movie or mini-series, albeit one from the high-minded heyday of TV movies, the ’70s. “Backstairs at the White House,” … Continue reading
The year is just two thirds over, but already one Hollywood studio is popping the bubbly. Universal has had two monster hits — “Fast & Furious 6” and “Despicable Me 2” — and a few solid hits (“The Purge” “Identity … Continue reading
When a studio insists on unveiling its movie on a Wednesday night, even in this digital age, that’s telling. It forces print publications to miss their deadlines for getting reviews into print on opening day. Thus, Universal tells us September’s … Continue reading