Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2013
“I Hate Reboots” reads a funny T-shirt that comic book/movie superhero nerd Dave Lizewski wears in “Kick Ass 2,” an obvious shot at “Spider-Man”, “Superman” and other franchises that wind down, then return to life entirely too soon on the … Continue reading
Sweeping in ambition and sometimes moving in execution, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is an epic that more closely resembles a made-for-TV movie or mini-series, albeit one from the high-minded heyday of TV movies, the ’70s. “Backstairs at the White House,” … Continue reading
The year is just two thirds over, but already one Hollywood studio is popping the bubbly. Universal has had two monster hits — “Fast & Furious 6” and “Despicable Me 2” — and a few solid hits (“The Purge” “Identity … Continue reading
When a studio insists on unveiling its movie on a Wednesday night, even in this digital age, that’s telling. It forces print publications to miss their deadlines for getting reviews into print on opening day. Thus, Universal tells us September’s … Continue reading