Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2013
“I Hate Reboots” reads a funny T-shirt that comic book/movie superhero nerd Dave Lizewski wears in “Kick Ass 2,” an obvious shot at “Spider-Man”, “Superman” and other franchises that wind down, then return to life entirely too soon on the … Continue reading
Sweeping in ambition and sometimes moving in execution, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is an epic that more closely resembles a made-for-TV movie or mini-series, albeit one from the high-minded heyday of TV movies, the ’70s. “Backstairs at the White House,” … Continue reading
The year is just two thirds over, but already one Hollywood studio is popping the bubbly. Universal has had two monster hits — “Fast & Furious 6” and “Despicable Me 2” — and a few solid hits (“The Purge” “Identity … Continue reading
When a studio insists on unveiling its movie on a Wednesday night, even in this digital age, that’s telling. It forces print publications to miss their deadlines for getting reviews into print on opening day. Thus, Universal tells us September’s … Continue reading