Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2013
Long before he took on the gravitas of playing Jesus, actor Jim Caviezel was known for rarely cracking a smile. So his turn as a whimsical, hard-drinking duck hunter with a touch of the poet about him in “Savannah” would … Continue reading
It’s been so long since Nicolas Cage has starred in a straightforward thriller playing a realistic character that “The Frozen Ground” feels like a shock to the system — his, and ours. Mr. Over-the-Top plays a state police detective struggling … Continue reading
Love Jane Lynch’s line about “the least parented generation,” Gen Xers dealing with long-divorced parents from the beginning of America’s divorce boom. Adam Scott and Clark Duke are siblings, Catherine O’Hara and Richard Jenkins are their divorced parents, Jane Lynch … Continue reading