Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2013
Long before he took on the gravitas of playing Jesus, actor Jim Caviezel was known for rarely cracking a smile. So his turn as a whimsical, hard-drinking duck hunter with a touch of the poet about him in “Savannah” would … Continue reading
It’s been so long since Nicolas Cage has starred in a straightforward thriller playing a realistic character that “The Frozen Ground” feels like a shock to the system — his, and ours. Mr. Over-the-Top plays a state police detective struggling … Continue reading
Love Jane Lynch’s line about “the least parented generation,” Gen Xers dealing with long-divorced parents from the beginning of America’s divorce boom. Adam Scott and Clark Duke are siblings, Catherine O’Hara and Richard Jenkins are their divorced parents, Jane Lynch … Continue reading