Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Chilean "Mujeres Arriba" discover the difference between "sex" and "good sex"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2013
The decades-long glut of horror movies cannot help but numb the regular filmgoer — especially the horror film fan — to the shocks, effects and jolts that are standard issue in this weary genre. Too many vampires, serial killers, zombies … Continue reading
The Cuban emigre saga earns a surprising love triangle treatment in Lucy Mulloy’s “Una noche,” a tale of the young and the desperate willing to risk their lives on rafts to get to America. From its earliest moments to its … Continue reading
There is most certainly an audience for the film of “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” fans of the six (planned) novels about demons, supernatural demon fighters, vampires, werewolves, witches and warlocks. They’ll thrill to all the endless litany of … Continue reading