Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2013
The decades-long glut of horror movies cannot help but numb the regular filmgoer — especially the horror film fan — to the shocks, effects and jolts that are standard issue in this weary genre. Too many vampires, serial killers, zombies … Continue reading
The Cuban emigre saga earns a surprising love triangle treatment in Lucy Mulloy’s “Una noche,” a tale of the young and the desperate willing to risk their lives on rafts to get to America. From its earliest moments to its … Continue reading
There is most certainly an audience for the film of “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” fans of the six (planned) novels about demons, supernatural demon fighters, vampires, werewolves, witches and warlocks. They’ll thrill to all the endless litany of … Continue reading