Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Witches lose their teeth in "The Craft: Legacy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2013
Kate Winslet’s the villain, Shailene Woodley the young woman encouraged to rebel against a fascist future, to be “Divergent.” Maggie Q also stars in this 2014 adaptation from the studio that has “The Hunger Games” franchise.
Variety is reporting that NBC is going after Tina Fey, who is in between TV projects and not really established in the movies, and Amy Poehler, still an NBC star, to host the next Golden Globes. They did a bang … Continue reading
The best James Brown impersonation of 2013 was Cuba Gooding, Jr.’s single scene riff in “The Butler,” the Oscar winning musician’s son pulling off a little turn, a little shout, a serious suggestion of The Godfather of Soul. Gooding could … Continue reading