Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2013
Kate Winslet’s the villain, Shailene Woodley the young woman encouraged to rebel against a fascist future, to be “Divergent.” Maggie Q also stars in this 2014 adaptation from the studio that has “The Hunger Games” franchise.
Variety is reporting that NBC is going after Tina Fey, who is in between TV projects and not really established in the movies, and Amy Poehler, still an NBC star, to host the next Golden Globes. They did a bang … Continue reading
The best James Brown impersonation of 2013 was Cuba Gooding, Jr.’s single scene riff in “The Butler,” the Oscar winning musician’s son pulling off a little turn, a little shout, a serious suggestion of The Godfather of Soul. Gooding could … Continue reading