Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2013
Kate Winslet’s the villain, Shailene Woodley the young woman encouraged to rebel against a fascist future, to be “Divergent.” Maggie Q also stars in this 2014 adaptation from the studio that has “The Hunger Games” franchise.
Variety is reporting that NBC is going after Tina Fey, who is in between TV projects and not really established in the movies, and Amy Poehler, still an NBC star, to host the next Golden Globes. They did a bang … Continue reading
The best James Brown impersonation of 2013 was Cuba Gooding, Jr.’s single scene riff in “The Butler,” the Oscar winning musician’s son pulling off a little turn, a little shout, a serious suggestion of The Godfather of Soul. Gooding could … Continue reading