Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2013
There has to be a special category for the place film buffs place Werner Herzog in their lives. You can have favorites, idols, those you admire. And then there’s a guy who is nothing less than a cinematic hero. Werner … Continue reading
Last weekend, with “Elysium” and “Planes” rolling out, should have been the last big box office weekend of the summer of 2013. Which is why Universal slipped the critically-derided sequel “Kick Ass 2” into this weekend. One last taste … Continue reading
She’s tough enough to hold her own with Denzel in “Two Guns,” and fizzy/flighty enough to be a flight attendant obsessed with getting engaged in time for her sister’s wedding in “Baggage Claim.” “Precious” offered Paula Patton a breakout role, … Continue reading
Wong Kar Wei directs, Yuen Woo Ping choreographs and the voice-over announcer growls “Before he was a legend, he had to become one.” About the grandmaster Ip Man who apparently changed the face of martial arts forever. Was he the … Continue reading
It’s Friday morning, and that means 740 The Game’s “Open Mike” show will stop lobbying for the soccer stadium we don’t need and pointless expansions to the Amway Center and Citrus Bowl upgrades long enough to talk movies. We’ll discuss … Continue reading