Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2013
There has to be a special category for the place film buffs place Werner Herzog in their lives. You can have favorites, idols, those you admire. And then there’s a guy who is nothing less than a cinematic hero. Werner … Continue reading
Last weekend, with “Elysium” and “Planes” rolling out, should have been the last big box office weekend of the summer of 2013. Which is why Universal slipped the critically-derided sequel “Kick Ass 2” into this weekend. One last taste … Continue reading
She’s tough enough to hold her own with Denzel in “Two Guns,” and fizzy/flighty enough to be a flight attendant obsessed with getting engaged in time for her sister’s wedding in “Baggage Claim.” “Precious” offered Paula Patton a breakout role, … Continue reading
Wong Kar Wei directs, Yuen Woo Ping choreographs and the voice-over announcer growls “Before he was a legend, he had to become one.” About the grandmaster Ip Man who apparently changed the face of martial arts forever. Was he the … Continue reading
It’s Friday morning, and that means 740 The Game’s “Open Mike” show will stop lobbying for the soccer stadium we don’t need and pointless expansions to the Amway Center and Citrus Bowl upgrades long enough to talk movies. We’ll discuss … Continue reading