Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2013
It sometimes seems there is but one story the movies can tell about artists. The great painter/sculptor/musician/actor finds his “muse,” and completes some great work. We saw it most recently in the French movie about the last months of the … Continue reading
The Weinsteins had to settle for a mediated title — “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.” But they wisely opened it at the same time of year as “The Help,” just after the summer blockbusters. Just as the movie audience is in … Continue reading