Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2013
It sometimes seems there is but one story the movies can tell about artists. The great painter/sculptor/musician/actor finds his “muse,” and completes some great work. We saw it most recently in the French movie about the last months of the … Continue reading
The Weinsteins had to settle for a mediated title — “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.” But they wisely opened it at the same time of year as “The Help,” just after the summer blockbusters. Just as the movie audience is in … Continue reading