Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2013
It sometimes seems there is but one story the movies can tell about artists. The great painter/sculptor/musician/actor finds his “muse,” and completes some great work. We saw it most recently in the French movie about the last months of the … Continue reading
The Weinsteins had to settle for a mediated title — “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.” But they wisely opened it at the same time of year as “The Help,” just after the summer blockbusters. Just as the movie audience is in … Continue reading