Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2013
It sometimes seems there is but one story the movies can tell about artists. The great painter/sculptor/musician/actor finds his “muse,” and completes some great work. We saw it most recently in the French movie about the last months of the … Continue reading
The Weinsteins had to settle for a mediated title — “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.” But they wisely opened it at the same time of year as “The Help,” just after the summer blockbusters. Just as the movie audience is in … Continue reading