Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2013
The reviews of actress Lake Bell’s debut film as a writer-director-actress have a swooning quality to them. “To call Lake Bell a magnetic, intelligent, blithely screwball leading lady in the Carole Lombard tradition might be selling her short,” John Anderson … Continue reading
Universal’s “2 Guns” paired up Oscar winner Denzel Washington with buddy picture king Mark Wahlberg, was directed by Wahlberg’s “Contraband” director and cost only about $60 million. Projections for how well it would do ranged from $25-30, and that’s where … Continue reading