Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2013
The reviews of actress Lake Bell’s debut film as a writer-director-actress have a swooning quality to them. “To call Lake Bell a magnetic, intelligent, blithely screwball leading lady in the Carole Lombard tradition might be selling her short,” John Anderson … Continue reading
Universal’s “2 Guns” paired up Oscar winner Denzel Washington with buddy picture king Mark Wahlberg, was directed by Wahlberg’s “Contraband” director and cost only about $60 million. Projections for how well it would do ranged from $25-30, and that’s where … Continue reading