Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Lively keeps a murderous beat in "The Rhythm Section"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2013
The reviews of actress Lake Bell’s debut film as a writer-director-actress have a swooning quality to them. “To call Lake Bell a magnetic, intelligent, blithely screwball leading lady in the Carole Lombard tradition might be selling her short,” John Anderson … Continue reading
Universal’s “2 Guns” paired up Oscar winner Denzel Washington with buddy picture king Mark Wahlberg, was directed by Wahlberg’s “Contraband” director and cost only about $60 million. Projections for how well it would do ranged from $25-30, and that’s where … Continue reading